Occasion can be anything be it wedding anniversary, celebration of graduation or birthday party, if there is no cake, it is surely incomplete. With so many new styles, shapes and types of cake are now available in the market, there is no denial to the fact that you get ample of options. But this Diwali, if you want to surprise your loved ones with the worth one then you must try out an easy recipe which taste delicious and fun to eat too.
Easy Cake Recipe, This Diwali:
If you are throwing a Diwali party then baking such type of cake will be quite sufficient for everyone. This way, you don’t even have to spend more money on visiting the bakery. Create some theme on this delicious vanilla cake which would be mouth relishing at the same time creative too. With an addition of velvety tender crumbing, it surely would be the best recipe collection to have which you can use as square birthday cake too.
Diwali is round the corner and with so many incredible ranges of desserts; you of course should not give it a miss to prepare the cake which can make such moment more special. Of course, taste bud changes as the time passes but to enjoy this moment, you can let your kid have the best time to eat the cake they like. That is why, given below is the best recipe of All in one Vanilla Sponge cake.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- Unsalted butter-225 g / 2 sticks
- Eggs-4 large
- Milk-1⁄2 cup
- Vanilla extract-2 tsp
- Plain flour-1 3/4 cups
- Cornflour-1/4 cup
- Baking powder-2 tsp
- Superfine sugar- 1 1/2 cups
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Whipping cream-2 1/2 cups
- White sugar-2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Strawberries-400 g
There is no hard and fast rule to make this cake. Of course, this cake will cover ample of people present in the party but still, if you think it is not sufficient then you can certainly, go ahead and add more content to it.
- Now to begin with, just like for any other cake, the very first step you take is to preheat the oven to 180C and make sure there is a rack in between the oven
- Mix the butter with the base line of baking powder and put the entire wet ingredient together. Make sure you keep whisking it properly. Then your next step is to add the entire dry ingredient in a bowl.
- Take hand blender and with its helps, beat the ingredient well at the speed of 1 which is the slowest one. You need to then add 1/3rd of the butter and then beater whisk should be added and again mixed up well.
- Repeat this process for 3 times at least and then add the wet mixture and keep beating it well until it is incorporated.
- You need to then add the wet mixture and increase the speed of the beater to 5. You need to keep doing it till the moment you find the batter pretty much smooth.
- Your next task is then to divide the smooth surface between cake pans and then let it get baked for at least 25 minutes
- You can use skewer in the middle. You should focus on its moistness. It does not matter if it comes out to be clean or not.
- Let the rack get cool down for next 14 minutes and then remove the pan
- Now comes the decoration part. Blending vanilla flavour with that of strawberry cream is of course every kid would literally love. However to make it look the best, you need:
- Take cream, sugar and vanilla in the bowl and beat it well. For this you may need a handheld beater
- See to it there is a piping swirling a little around the edge. The moment you notice it then you need to shift the 1 cup of cream in the bag of piping which is usually fitting with a star nozzle for better designing.
- Spread crust the thin layer of the cream on the cake tip and then place the cake on a serving platter covered with strawberries
- You again can put 1/3rd of the cream.
- Repeat the same process with the 2nd cake as well and then cover both the top with the cream
- Make further decoration of the cake with remaining strawberries as and when needed
Quick Tip: You can keep this cake in an airtight container for next 3 days without worrying about the sponge to get dried out.
Nutrition Facts: 403 calories per serving with 33g fat and 20g of carbohydrates
Choice is entirely on you whether to choose the right baker, buy online or create your own sponge cake this Diwali. However, the above recipe as you can see is extremely easy. This way you shall surely save your time and money. So what are you waiting for? Get all the ingredients and start having the best time to bake this awesome cake. Don’t forget to decorate the place with party diyas and lights too!