Kid’s bout of insomnia, especially in the early stages of the child’s life, is the toughest situation for any parents to handle. Each kid has a different sleeping pattern and erupting the cycle causes mood swings, behavioral issues making their normal day-to-day activities go into vain. Adequate quality and quantity of sleep can make children healthier and parents happier!
Majority of the kids who are hard to fall asleep face learning difficulties, poor academic performance and irritability. If you think, the lack of sleep is hindering your child’s activities, make an appointment with your child’s paediatrician immediately. Early identification and diagnosis can minimize the negative consequences of lack of sleep in your child. Based on the symptoms and health history, your doctor may refer you to a neurologist, psychiatrist or psychologist to manage the sleep problems. If medicines are prescribed to treat insomnia, order them from a leading online medicine site and get amazing medicine discounts on every order.
Generally, to recover from the sleepless nights, parents need to help their child in many ways to let them grow as a strong and healthy child.
Ways to overcome sleep difficulties in children:
- Make routine sleep pattern: It is important to follow a regular sleep pattern so that, the kid’s biological clock can get adjusted and slowly they can build control over their sleep.
- Plan for a light dinner: Stuffing your kid with foods that are very complex to digest can bring hormonal imbalance and affect his or her sleep. Also, avoid sugary foods, caffeine, tea, sodas and other beverages.
- Read bedtime story: Pick a story of their favourite cartoon characters, fairy tales and read them in a calm atmosphere to make your kid fall asleep. It brings down their stress level and keeps them relaxed.
- Avoid playing games before bedtime as it can make the kids over-excited.
- Make your kids go to bed early. The best time for the child to hit the bed is by 8:00 pm.
- Pay attention to keep your child’s bedroom dark and quiet as this environment can induce sleep. This is because; the biological clock can regulate the timing and make kid’s brain to think that it’s the time to sleep.
- Let your child keep his favourite objects with him during his sleep, this can make him have an undisturbed and comfortable sleep on the bed.
- If your child cries, don’t pull him or help in the bed immediately. Just wait till your child calms down before you leave the room.
- Fix a consistent bedtime and wake up time routine for your kids. A little extra hour of sleep can affect their body leaving them feel exhausted.
- Switch off all the electronic gadgets before your child is tuned to sleep.
If you require additional guidance, talk to your child’s healthcare provider. Also, if the above-mentioned tips didn’t help you, book a consultation immediately with your child’s paediatrician. He can suggest you medications and treatment options, if required. If medicines are recommended, order your prescription medicines online from any trusted Best online pharmacy store and get the medicines delivered right at your doorstep.
Sleep deprivation and health consequences:
If your kid is turning and tossing in the bed for long hours, it can lead to serious medical health issues like:
- Lack of rest can bar the problem-solving and thinking skills in children
- It can cause stress, anxiety and mood disorders
- Childhood growth retardation
- Increased risk for obesity due to overindulgence in food even if the kid is not hungry
- Risk of short term memory loss
There should be a high-end requirement for creating public awareness, especially in schools to make them understand the consequences of sleep deprivation. Also, make them aware of the importance of tight sleep and how its deprivation can affect school performance.